American Express Complaint
Terrible customer service - American Express Credit Card
Recently, Amex courted us to apply for a better card that will suite our business better. We completed the process and were approved. We changed all of our auto pay accounts to the new card and continued doing business as usual.
1 month later, Amex inadvertently lowered our credit limit to 3000/month. This action was taken without notice, without discussion and without any form of review or available to dispute it. We were told "this is a numbers game and the computer decided the limit". This action caused us to have severe cash flow issues, multiple accounts not be paid by automatic process and additional fees to be applied to those accounts.
Also, this action made by Amex affected my credit to debt ratio and my personal credit score has dropped by 19 points affecting many other business abilities.
Amex's customer service has been nothing shy of terrible to work with and the end result is that they will do nothing, there is no-one to discuss this with and it can be reviewed in 1 year.
Our company has begun the process to remove all dependencies on the use of the Amex accounts and all accounts will be closed in the next 30 days. In addition, we have stopped accepting any customer charges on Amex cards and all customers that have automatic payment to us using their cards have been informed that they must provide another form of payment.
I recommend to all business owners that you do not allow Amex to do this to you and your business. When they come courting you with all of the wonderful things their card can do for you, please consider their ability and willingness to change their mind anytime.
CONTACT THIS BUSINESS
BUSINESSES REPLY HERE
More American Express reviews
- AMEX WONT RETURN MY MONEY
- Amex Premier Gold & Amex Blue Cash Preferred: Worst Rewards Point Redemption System
- Violated Senior Citizen
- American express
- Amex rewards
- Customer services got rewards
- Don't pay for this Centurion card insurance
- Rewards points
- Bad Customer Service At AMEX - They do not Care - Good Bye AMEX
- WORST EXPERIENCE
- AMEX CHEATED ME OUT OF REWARDS POINT
- Costco American Express 10 days to get double payment refund
- Amex refuses to honor Check-21 and provide non-ARC/ACH processing of payments
- Late Fee
- card issue
- I need my money ASAP
- Terrible Customer Service
- Terrible; Terrible; Terrible; It the worst thing ever.
- Horrible company beware!
- Terrible Service and Terrible Equipment
- Avoid McAlarney's Pools, Hot Tubs, and Spas in Marietta, Ohio!
- TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SUPPORT
- Late delivery
- Terrible customer sevice
- Terrible Customer Service
- Refund Policy a SCAM , NO CUSTOMER SERVICE , TERRIBLE VPS SERVICE
- bad food and drink
How It Works
COMPLAINTS RESOLVEDThousands of Businesses of all sizes and millions of customers use MeasuredUp
It's free and easy to put MeasuredUp to work for you