American Express Complaint
American Express raises interest rate - American Express Blue
I was told that my credit limit was being decreased because I wasn't making large enough payments. For the past five months, my minimum payments totaled $829 while my payments totaled $1200. The customer service rep I spoke with, Kimone, informed me that the amount I paid was not enough to prevent my credit limit from being lowered. When I asked how much was enough to keep it from being decreased, she told me she didn't know but that "the customer is supposed to know to pay more." I fail to see the logic.
After having the second customer service rep, Darnell, keep me on hold for over 30 minutes in order to verify that American Express was raising my interest rate, he then transferred me to the third rep, Shanaine, who when asked why my interest rate was being raised replied "it's hard to say." World class customer service!
I must say I have been an American Express card holder for over 6 years and have NEVER had one problem. It's sad that they have decided to make the "little guy" pay for other's financial mistakes. I plan on taking out a personal loan and paying off this account (the same as I did with Discover - at a much lower interest rate).
CONTACT THIS BUSINESS
BUSINESSES REPLY HERE
More American Express reviews
- American Express Happy
- American Express works
- American Express
- American Express = great services
- AMERICAN EXPRESS MUST BE IN REAL TROUBLE
- Power Outage
- International Calls
- Lowered credit line from $25,000 to $500 without any notice
- American Express must be in Trouble
- American Express Gift Card
- American Express gift card
- I Hate Amex!
- Late Fee - Cancel
- misleading policies
- American Express Company
- INTEREST RATE
- 34.99% interest rate
- American Express late fee
- AX raised my rate and lowered my limit
- Increase in Interest Rate for Lame Reason(s)
- american express rips off money from consumer when american express card is purchased.
- Behavior of American Express
- Rate Scan
- LOST AMERICAN EXPRESS GIFT CARD
- worst credit card
- unethical business practices
How It Works
COMPLAINTS RESOLVEDThousands of Businesses of all sizes and millions of customers use MeasuredUp
It's free and easy to put MeasuredUp to work for you