American Express Complaint
American Express Took Away Reward Points - Rewards program
I have been a member of American Express since 1981. I fell into some financial difficulty, and did not realize I was in danger of my Platinum Card being cancelled. It was cancelled in January of this year because of an inter collection process. I paid the balance in full, at one point totalling over 60,000.00. I paid all service fees and all interest charges without question, because I knew it was my fault for paying the bill late. But I did pay it all.
I called to see about my rewards points that had not been used to pay my bill. They totalled 171,000 points and had a value in gift cards of around 2,700.00 to 3,500.00 dollars. I called in February and was told I could redeem them but I had to know what I wanted exactly. I said I would call back when I looked at the gift cards.
I called today, March 13th and was told the points were gone. They were simply swiped off of my account after so many days of the card being cancelled. I told them I did not feel this was fail, since I had paid the bill in full including all interest and service charges.
The supervisor in the rewards section said there was nothing she could do. I feel these were stolen, since I earned them by paying my bill in full. Is there any recourse?
CONTACT THIS BUSINESS
BUSINESSES REPLY HERE
More American Express reviews
- American Express Happy
- American Express works
- American Express
- American Express = great services
- AMERICAN EXPRESS MUST BE IN REAL TROUBLE
- Power Outage
- International Calls
- American Express raises interest rate
- Lowered credit line from $25,000 to $500 without any notice
- American Express must be in Trouble
- American Express Gift Card
- American Express gift card
- I Hate Amex!
- Rewards points
- Incorrect reservation
- Delta Amex False and Deceptive Advertising
- Membership Rewards Points
- American Express Company
- Honor your promise
- american express customer care rep
- Sears Reward Points program
- american express rips off money from consumer when american express card is purchased.
- Behavior of American Express
- American Express not honouring promotion
- LOST AMERICAN EXPRESS GIFT CARD
- worst credit card
How It Works
COMPLAINTS RESOLVEDThousands of Businesses of all sizes and millions of customers use MeasuredUp
It's free and easy to put MeasuredUp to work for you